Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Almost time to go...

Hi Friends!

I worked this afternoon to get a quilt top finished so I could run over here and share it with you before I head out to the AQS show in Chattanooga, TN on Friday.
Tomorrow will be filled with packing and picking hubby up from the airport and then off we go on Friday morning on our first real long road trip on the motorcycle.  

Oh sure we have ridden the bike pretty far on some days. But....never on a real for sure road trip and ya see here's the thing I don't like the interstate on the motorcycle!!!!
It says by car it is 5 hours and 57 mins. So you can pretty much add at the bare minimum another 2 hours at least to that. So AQS for Fri. maybe a wash. Oh well we are staying 2 blocks from where they are having the show so I will be happy with Saturday!


Now that I have board you to death. (sorry just a little excited) I will get to the quilt. I shared with you all a WIP on here a few months ago of a lot of projects I was working on. That post is HERE

Well I shared a picture of some charm packs I was working with by Robert Kaufman. 



This is London Calling. Not sure how they came up with that name as all the fabrics are florals. These are also Lawn fabrics instead of cotton.

Here is another picture of the project from the other post.



This was just like a teaser picture on the other post. What I didn't know at the time is I would end up taking all of this apart and putting it back together the right way.

Here is the finished top. (only)


 Sorry about these pictures the sun had not made much of an appearance all day. My grass is also not mowed so it makes the quilt look bumpy. I don't have floor space in my house to lay it out. 



The wind decided to blow right as I was laying this down as well. 






This would have been the perfect photo but the quilt was too low. 



But by the time I moved it the sun was behind the clouds again.



Realized the top of the quilt needed to be folded back up so you could see through in case the sun did come out.


  
And as I unclipped it from the fence it started to rain. Huh...living in Florida. 

I made this quilt for a lady that has mentored me over the past few months. She has been a cheerleader for me as I "try" to be of some help to my husband as he gets this Ministry up and running again. 

I'm still working on how I want to quilt it. I'm thinking FM but I haven't practiced my free motion in a looooong time! I have some time but I did want to give this to her as a Christmas gift.

This is not my pattern I "pinned" it on my Pinterest board HERE make sure that you click over to the web page from the pin. I printed her whole blog post so that I would have all the references that I needed. 

If anyone is going to the AQS in Chattanooga let me know even though I'm going to only be there a short time I would love to see you and say Hi! I love to meet my blog followers! :)

If your not going to AQS and you want to see some of the stuff I'm seeing you can follow me on Twitter or Instagram those links are on the right side bar.     

Linking up with:

Work In Progress Wednesday @ Freshly Pieced

I hope you have a great rest of what is left of your summer. Down here in the south we are far from Fall or Winter. LOL 

Hugs and best stitches to you,











a.k.a. Mrs. Sew & Sew 

6 comments:

  1. i LOVE CROSSES AND THIS IS EXTRA BEAUTIFUL TO ME!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Anita, and thanks for stopping by and reading my blog.

      Delete
  2. The pictures look great!

    Have a fun and safe ride. Wear your leathers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt! I am sure she will love it. Have fun on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katy, and thanks for stopping by my blog.

      Delete
  4. Very beautiful. Was the Lawn difficult to sew? I've heard it can be kind of slippery. And is the white part regular cotton?

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think. Just remember let's all play nice. ;)