Thursday, January 30, 2014

Thankful Thursday #10

Welcome Friends today is Thankful Thursday


I have not done a Thankful Thursday in a long while so I decided to start it up again. So sense I haven't done one in a while I will explain what Thankful Thursday is all about. 

I tell you a little about what I am thankful for and then you in turn comment and tell me a little about what you are thankful for. Don't be shy I know you can think of one thing you are thankful for big or small.

So this week I am sure you have heard of the big ice and snow storm in the south. Well we got a little taste of real winter out of that storm. Living in Florida we just are not prepared for those kinds of storms. 

So today I want to tell you that I am thankful for: a warm house, warm clothes and warm drinks. See the theme here ;) come on all you northerners stop laughing now. I am a true Florida girl, I was born and raised here and still live within 20 miles of were I grew up.   

This is 5 a.m. Wednesday morning.

I have never seen this before yes ice on a humming bird feeder.

This was this morning at 8 a.m. I sure did miss the sun yesterday.


But seriously there are still people in the U.S. that don't have a good source of heat in the winter. They don't have it or just can't afford to turn it on. I am truly thankful that I am blessed with these things that help keep me warm. 

One more thing I am thankful for is my father in laws life. As you my remember my father in law passed away last March (2013) and it has been tough for our whole family. It left a big hole in our lives but we are slowly healing.Well today is his birthday he would have been 65 years old! You my remember I was making a quilt for him when he passed. You can read about the quilt and see pictures HERE

 So today the temps have been a balmy 40 degrees here. But everyone was is here with me trying to stay warm.



Now I would like to share with you some happy mail. Woo Hoo today I got a package in the mail from Scott Hansen over at Blue Nickel Studios 
You see Scott was one of the many bloggers (including myself) who joined the blog hop giveaway over at the Quilting Gallery it was big fun. If you would like to see what I gave away you can see it HERE

Anyway Scott contacted me and said I won!! Yeah!! I got my package from the other side of the U.S. today. LOL

WOW I was so surprised. This is a Huge package of fabric. 


Adorable! 


This is Wee Wander by Sarah Jane for Michael Miller.



This is so beautiful!

This line just says sweet little girl to me. Well unfortunately I don't have a little girl I do have nieces but I have already made all four of them quilts But......  

If you remember my first of the year post. HERE you know what I am thinking!
That's right this fabric will be made into a sweet charity quilt for one lucky little girl. I can not wait to get started!! Thank You again to Scott Hansen over at Blue Nickel Studios you have probably made one little girl's dreams come true. So friends if you have time hop on over and visit Scott some time.

In other news I did get a few 5" squares cut for the "I heart You" wall hanging.

They are soooo pretty! I can't wait to start this project. You can read about it HERE


Linking up with:
Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation for Needle and Thread Thursday
Live a Colorful Life for Really Random Thursday

Hugs and best stitches to you,

a.k.a. Mrs. Sew & Sew






1 comment:

  1. lovely fabrics! Today, I am especially thankful that in the midst of some stressful things going on at school, I have a supportive church home, a strong faith, and a loving family.

    Thanks so much for linking up with Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think. Just remember let's all play nice. ;)